What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social media platform designed for professionals to connect, share industry news and information, and job announcements. It allows you to set up private groups for asynchronous conversations.
LinkedIn is an online social media platform that was created as a way for professionals to connect and network. Here are some key properties of LinkedIn:
- Professional networking site
- Allows you to connect with anyone else who has an account (although it’s most useful if you connect with those who have common professional backgrounds and goals)
- Public posts include short-form status updates, photos, videos, documents, or blog-like articles
- Interactions come in the form of commenting on someone’s post, commenting in a group forum, or direct messaging those with whom you are connected
- Job opportunities may be posted or searched for.