What is Soapbox?Online, rapid authoring tool allowing users to quickly generate a training lesson plan with a sequence and flow of activities connected to learning outcomes.
Awards and Acknowledgements
Other Common Names
Other common names for Soapbox include:
- Game changer
- Rapid authoring
- Perdisco (well, not really)
Key Properties of Soapbox
Soapbox is a web-based tool that:
- Is designed to be used for instructor-led training (whether in-person or virtual)
- Generates a lesson plan with a sequence and flow of training activities connected to your learning objectives
Resources From The Train Like a Champion Blog
- Setting SMEs up to be more successful presenters – When we think of the lack of instructional design skills of an SME, it’s tempting to make them sit through a train the trainer or presentation skills program to improve their presentations. Maybe there’s a better, less intrusive way to help SMEs design presentations.
- Stop Stressing About Virtual Training Activities – Learn about how Soapbox helps create engaging lessons for virtual training sessions.
Insights That Were not Generated with the Help of a Rapid Authoring Tool
CLOSELY RELATED ELEMENTS
While this tool makes it easy to come up with a logical sequence and flow of activities, you will still need to fill in your own content. Using your own knowledge or engaging a subject matter expert to determine key talking points, technical data, or other content-related information can round out anything generated by Soapbox.